WELCOME TO EUROPEAN STORIES
GrundtvigLearning Partnerships, 2012-2014
Stories are a way to build bridges. In our project we use the potential of storytelling. We choose / write stories. We tell stories. We dramatize and play stories. We learn about other stories and story telling techniques … because we think that the power of storytelling can enhance our lives!
Project coordinator / Project website
Universidad para los Mayores. Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
Austria, Poland, Spain, Turkey
- The ageing European population, in particular: adults who left the school early; migrants who never had the possibility to receive school education; senior citizens
- Adult education organizations
- To motivate and encourage the adults and seniors to further learning
- To promote the active ageing
- To fight social isolation
- To promote and facilitate the social inclusion of the minority collective
- To improve the access to the adult education, especially for low-skilled workers
- To use the dynamics of the narration for the empowerment of adults and development of confidence in their own abilities
- To research into narrative techniques of stories at national and European level
The project is based on a belief that power of storytelling can enhance the adults and seniors` life. It is a strong tool for empowerment and social inclusion. It has a great potential to attract and motivate adults and seniors to learn, to connect with the others, to express themselves and integrate into society.
Project activities include:
Developing the website of the project
National research about story-telling techniques for adult education
Competition for choosing the best story in all partner countries
Translation of the best stories to English, reading them and dramatizing
Producing a number of publications: DVD with photographs and audio-visual material, a multilingual book with selected stories, DVD with videos, DVD with other project results (didactic methods, storytelling techniques, assessment tools)
4 transnational project meetings
„THE PIG SELLER OF ABELSBERG” (Austria) – quotation from one of the project selected stories.
What else shall we do, you stupid jerk, the whole thing makes me want to tear my hair out.
But now I know what we are going to do …
….. the farmer whispered when the men were already waiting in front of the door. He immediately fell down on the floor and whispered:
You simply tell them, that I am dead. Cover me with a blanket and be the grieving widow.
Amalia knew it was crazy what her husband was doing, but sometimes crazy things are the smartest things to do.