No better appetizer than a short video where you can see the local community in Hungary where tone action took place, participants share their opinion and feelings about their work and you can have an insight as well into the circus tent and the world of social circus.
Social Educircation, European social circus project
Lifelong learning program, Grudtvig, 2012-2014
Cirqueon, Check Republic
Hungary, Belgium, Greece, Germany, England, Spain
Socialy disadvantaged people. (Different in each country: youth living in a rehabilitation center, marginalized youth, people with Down syndrome, children from immigrant backgrounds, children and parents, children in risk)
– to share and develop the project partner’s knowledge and experience about how to use their circus skills for social work.
– to improve pedagogical methods.
– to contribute efficiently to social sector, by involving pedagogical and social aspects.
– to use it for therapy to develop skills of socially excluded groups, by the tool of practicing circus exercises.
– have relevant effect on body, mind and emotional state of clients by playful circus exercises.
– to be able to continue the social circus activity of each partner organization after this project at a higher level of quality.
– to promote as a useful method of therapy in social work.
Jugglers, acrobats, clowns from the partner associations visit, teach and involve socially disadvantaged people. Each partner offers one specific kind of social action, from 4 to 7 days and will involve both theoretical and practical experience.
To these international projects has been coming one or two social circus trainer from each partner organization, to enrich the work of the local organization, and to learn from their working methods. These events were a good platform of sharing our knowledge on social circus, and to support the local project.
In Hungary, the project called Etnocircus was realized with disadvantaged youth, the student of a high school in a marginalized village called Sajókaza. During the week, the international circus team motivated and taught the students to do circus arts, and prepared together a show with them which was presented in public two times. During the week, the students of the school learned circus skills and performing which gives a motivating impact on them. They also gained a unique intercultural experience meeting foreigners by an intensive collaboration.
Our international guests gained an inside view of the social situation in Hungary and about the social circus work of the Hungarian Juggling Association.