Comenius Multilateral 2011-2012
Italy, Bulgaria, Portugal, Turkey, Norway, Spain, Switzerland
Secondary school teachers, students
- Promoting Global Citizenship Education in the EU secondary schools curriculum;
- Delivering innovative ICT-based tools to enhance teaching and learning that foster initiative, innovation, creativity and adaptation to the rapidly changing world of work in globalised societies;
- Delivering a training methodology through new learning approaches based on digital competences, as well as social and civic competences and cultural awareness and expression.
- Understanding and comparing current experiences and expectations of secondary school teachers and students of the seven European partner countries around Digital Storytelling (DST) and Global Citizenship Education (GCE).
- Involving students in a creative and collaborative learning process improving their digital competences while at the same time getting them involved in GCE related topics through the production of digital stories
- Promoting in the school European system a “learning by doing” model that stimulates different learning styles and increases the level of student engagement in education as well as in the social environment
- Creating a trans-national online learning community
The key project activities are the following:
– A Comparative Research, which was successfully conducted in all partner countries;
– Technological Design & Development of the RIGHTS course and e-learning platform;
– Testing of the RIGHTS e-learning course by secondary school teachers and students in all the partner countries (the course will start in November 2012).