ArtescommunityART AS A VEHICLE FOR EDUCATION AND SOCIAL INCLUSION

Group Admins
    Lukasz

Digital Art

Public Group  |  active 1 year, 2 months ago ago

multimedia art

New digital art project possibility

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Lukasz Lukasz 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts

Lukasz

said

Hello everybody!
I’d like to refresh here Zane’s idea of making a project on digital storytelling for migrants. Let’s find out, if we can do something together in this matter!
Łukasz

12 January 2015 at 00:16

Cinzia

said

Hi Lukasz,

thank you for refreshing Zane’s idea. The 2015 will be the European year for Development and it will be interesting to have a project on digital storytelling to tell the stories of the migrants.

The project could be the histories of people from migrant and refugee background narrated by themselves through videos. It could be a way to empower immigrants and refugees with new digital literacy skills where immigrants learn to document their own stories through short films and raise awareness among non-immigrant. The collection of immigrant stories could also be shared with the public to fight stereotypes and prejudices.

Have you heard about the movie “Italy in day” ? http://www.italyinaday.rai.it/dl/portali/site/page/Page-89e4a067-1d7a-4eb3-b510-d641f2a70b9d.html

It is a piece of history narrated by common people, more than 44.000 persons sent their videos that then were edited by an Italian movie director winner of a Oscar prize to create a full movie.

It is just fantastic!

Cinzia

12 January 2015 at 20:33

Lukasz

said

Exactly, life stories of migrants are going to be the essence of the project. They can tell about the reasons of moving, about their “new life”, hopes, fears…
And of course new ICT and digital skills as a way of personal development is strong argument for the project.

We like it very much and decided to join it.

As far as I know, Zane is still looking for new partners. I found on the platform one organisation from Switzerland suggested by you, that seems to fit here – SEED. Can you recommend any other?

I watched “Italy in day”. Great, nice and touching movie, but also a great chellenge – to make 2-minutes movie of 44.000 stories! Thanks for this tip.

Best wishes,
Łukasz

14 January 2015 at 14:12

Cinzia

said

Hi Lukasz,

yes, indeed SEED can be a very suitable partner and Chiara Bramani is a very committed person, other possible partners could be the International Yehudi Foundation, from BE that can have a team of videoartists to document children and mother in different countries ( the network of IYMF is present in 12 different countries) and also Polidromo from Greece http://www.polydromo.gr/taytothta_en.html
and also http://www.iadt.ie/en/InformationAbout/NationalFilmSchool/ if there is any need of a technological partner.

I love Italy in a day,the full vesrion of the movie is 70′ I don’t know where is the link to the full version.

Best,

Cinzia

14 January 2015 at 14:57

Lukasz

said

Well, now I see, what I didn’t understand from this trailer 😉
70′ sounds much better, although it still must be a challenge.

Looking for the full version I found only websites with paid streaming so far. For sure, I will try again when find more time for that. Thank you!

Thanks also for organisations’ recommendations! Let’s see what we can do 🙂

See you!
Łukasz

14 January 2015 at 15:13

Lukasz

said

Hello!
After some time I decided to refresh this forum to announce you a great news. We got a chance to run a project, which we started to plan here, on this platform. It began in October and soon we will be able to present the first results of our common work.

Follow us here: http://artescommunity.eu/storytelling/ 🙂

Łukasz

26 January 2016 at 16:01
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.